NORTHEAST MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
November 12, 2019 - today is a “B” day
- Tonight is Wendy's Night from 5-7! Stop by for your frosty & fries fix and say hi to Ms. Horst & Ms. Pasker. Thank you for supporting the fine arts!
- Congrats to the 7th grade girls team on beating North Cedar last night 39-14.
- There will be a HS wrestling meeting Tuesday 11/12/2019 at 4:30 in the commons area.
- FCA meets Wednesday, November 13 at 7:15 AM in the media center. Breakfast for this week: Rickertsen‘s have the food, Tyler H has the fruit, Lamps have the drinks, and Seth has the Devo. Remember to bring your operation Christmas shoebox gifts!
- Mrs. Myers tutoring schedule for the rest of Nov: Wed 11/13, Thurs 11/14, Thurs 11/21, Fri 11/22 (subbing for Ms. Schoel Wed 11/20)
- Girls Basketball Webstore open now through November 17th - http://shop.envisiontees.com/negirlsbasketball19
- Auditions for the Spring Play, The Diary of Anne Frank, will be held after school in December 11 & 12 from 3:30pm-5:30pm. If you are interested in auditioning, want to be on the crew, or have any questions at all, please email Mr. Doss. He will have monologues for you to prepare for your audition. See you there!
- Seniors: Reminders that baby pictures for the yearbook should be turned in to Ms. Pasker by November 26, and senior pictures are due by February 1!
- The Northeast Rebelwear Online Store is open! Store closes November 17 @ 11:59 PM. Here is the link---https://shop.envisiontees.com/nerebelwear
- Northeast Athletic Boosters Texas Roadhouse Gift Card Fundraiser: The NE Athletic Boosters will be selling gift cards to Texas Roadhouse beginning November 4 and ending December 4. Gift cards can be purchased for any amount in $5 increments and can be used at any Texas Roadhouse nationwide. NE Athletic Boosters will receive 10% of all gift card sales. These gift cards will be delivered to the buyers by December 13th. Checks made payable to Northeast Athletic Boosters. Our goal is to sell at least $2,500 in gift card sales!! Please stop by the school office to purchase your Texas Roadhouse gift cards!!
- Girls Basketball grades 7-12: Open Gyms Monday mornings 6:30-7:30. Any questions, contact Coach Driscoll.
- The following colleges will be in the building in the next 2 weeks. Let Beth know if you are interested in meeting with any of them:
- November 14 – University of Northern Iowa 11:05
- Northeast Rebels Softball Camp forms are available in the main office. Cost is $40 (includes shirt) and is open for girls in grades 3-8. Camp is December 30th and 31st; session 1 grades 3-5 from 9:00-10:30 or session 2 grades 6-8 from 10:45-12:45. Checks can be made payable to Northeast Softball and can be dropped off to the HS office. Please see Coach Travis Eversmeyer with any questions.
- 2019-2020 yearbooks are for sale for $65
- JUNIORS: We need to raise money for Prom / After Prom. A few people are needed to work the MS concession stand on the following dates: Nov. 11. You can sign up on the google doc that was e-mailed to all Juniors. Thanks for making our Prom / After Prom a night to remember!
- SILVER CORD PROGRAM The purpose of the Silver Cord Program is to promote the idea of community service and to encourage students to be active in their local community. By completing hours of community service every year, students show investment in their community and others. The goal of the Northeast Silver Cord Program is to instill in each and every student the value and importance of giving back in the local community.
September, October, November, and December hours need to be submitted by January 17th.
Students who complete 120 hours of community service by May 1st of their senior year, will be recognized at their graduation by wearing a silver cord with their cap and gown and with a special mention in the Commencement program. Students who complete at least 30 hours per year will be recognized annually on the silver cord program website, the TVs in the lobby, and at award ceremonies. Find the form here.
- Students must complete the required paperwork on time for volunteer hours to count
- The event you complete must be supervised by adult
- Must be for a non-profit organization and may not be for your family members
- DRIVER’S ED @ NORTHEAST: There will be two sessions offered at Northeast High School in 2020. The cost of the course is $355 with a $175 deposit required with registration. Northeast students who are eligible for free/reduced lunches are also eligible for free/reduced driver education and should indicate that on the bottom of the form you turn in (please ensure proper paperwork has been filled out at central office). Please make checks payable to Triple R Driving School L.L.C. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan at 319-470-6975 or Craig at 563-219-3177. Forms are available in the office. Checks and registration should be mailed to the address on the form. Sessions will be as follows:
- First session begins Saturday, January 4th, including classroom hours each Saturday 8-11:00 AM and Monday 4-7:00 PM through February 8th. Driving times arranged by the instructor on the first day of class.
- The second session will begin Monday, June 8th, including classroom hours 7-10:00 AM each weekday for the course of two weeks, with a makeup class on June 22nd. Driving times arranged by the instructor on the first day of class.
Lunch Tuesday: Rebel Burger, Bun, cheese Slice, French Fries, California Blend with Cheese Sauce, Apple
Breakfast Wednesday: Sausage Country Gravy, Baked Biscuit or Cereal, Baked Biscuit, Fruit
Lunch Wednesday: Ribette on Bun, Tri-Tater, Green Beans, Orange