Announcements for Monday, September 24th, 2018
Today is a “B” day
*Please dismiss Cross Country runners @ 2:20*
Jr. High Cross Country vs North Cedar @ 3-30 Golf & Country Club @ 4:15 – bus depart 2:30
Varsity Cross Country Invitational @ 3-3- Golf & Country Club @ 5:15 – bus departs 2:30PM
7th Volleyball @ DeWitt @ 4:15 – bus departs 3:15
8th Volleyball VS DeWitt @ Northeast @ 4:15
Fresh-Soph Volleyball @ Calamus-Wheatland @ 6:00PM – bus departs 4:45
JV Football @ Beckman Catholic High School @ 6:30PM – bus departs 4:15
- Silver Cord opportunity!!! The Charlotte Haunted House is looking for helpers each night of the Haunted House. Available nights are October 12,13,19,20,26,27. Volunteers can work one night or several nights. Hours are from 6:30-Midnight. Contact Mrs. Tarr for more information!
- There will be a meeting for the Spain 2020 trip on Tuesday, October 2nd at 6:00 in Room 510. If you sign up before October 12th, you receive a discount on your trip. This trip is open to all students 9-11. Please come with a parent and find out about this awesome experience.
- FCA meets Wednesday, Sept. 26, in the media center. Gather at 7:05 a.m. and SEE YOU AT THE POLE will be at 7:15 out at the flag pole. Breakfast and prizes to follow: Ellie R. has the food, Claire E. has the fruit, Aaron S. has the drinks, and Madison T. has the devo. Don't miss out on this opportunity to pray for your school, friends, and country!
- GET A FREE FLIGHT!
EAA Chapter 75 – Quad Cities, IA/IL
If you are between the ages of 8 and 17 years old, the Young Eagles program wants to offer you a chance of a lifetime. Turn your dreams into reality with a free Young Eagles flight and become one of over 2 million Young Eagles. The Young Eagles program was been created by the US Experimental Aircraft Association and it is designed to give children between the ages of 8 to 17 an opportunity to experience flight in a general aviation airplane while educating them about aviation. The program is offered free of charge with costs covered by the volunteers. The next experience will be at the Clinton Municipal Airport from 8:30 AM to 11:00 AM on Saturday, September 29, 2018. If you are interested in this event, contact Bob Thomas at 563-343-1825, or contact him by email .
- Are you a student with an interest in agriculture? Do you enjoy educating others about why agriculture is important? Do you have strong communication skills and a desire to learn by doing? If so, Current Ag Concerns might be the program for you! We are now accepting applications for the 2018-19 team. If you are interested, please contact Jenna Stevens at . Applications will be emailed to you and can be printed on your own time.
- Northeast color-changing water bottles are for sale in the office for $5. Your color options are Frost-Blue, Pink-Purple, Yellow-Green.
- Out of school date forms for Homecoming are available in the office and will be due by Wednesday 9/26/2018. If you are bringing an out of school date, you must have this form turned in otherwise your date will not be able to enter the dance.
- Order your 2018-2019 yearbook before Oct.1 and save $5! Yearbooks can be purchased for $60 through the office or Payschool until Oct 1, then they will increase to $65.
- WHAT WOULD YOUR SCHOOL DO WITH $25,000?Education is an essential part of living well and being well, and schools are at the heart of our communities. That's why we're launching a back-to-school contest to bring big dreams to life. The winning school will win $25,000 to enhance the well-being of students, teachers and/or learning environments. Ten runner-up schools will win $1,000 to invest in a health and wellness need at their school. Every school has a need and every kid has a dream. UnityPoint Health is committed to investing in both to create a brighter tomorrow.
Vote for your school September 17-30 @
Monday lunch: Chicken nuggets, mashed potato, chicken gravy, dinner roll, corn, apple
Tuesday Breakfast: Bacon breakfast pizza or cereal, fruit
Tuesday lunch: Stuff crust sausage pizza, mushrooms, romaine lettuce, baby carrots, pears