NORTHEAST MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
January 24, 2020 - today is a “B” day
Basketball activities for tonight @ Durant have been postponed
8:00 District Large Group Speech @ Monticello – bus depart @ 6AM
10:00 Varsity Wrestling @ Midland High School – depart @ 7:30AM
4:30 Girls JV Basketball @ Prince of Peace
5:30 Girls Varsity Basketball @ Prince of Peace
Bus for Girls Basketball will depart @ 3:45
- If you are interested in joining the Individual Speech team or learning more about it, fill out the form that was emailed on Monday or talk to Mr. Bolahan/Ms. Pasker by TODAY - Friday, January 24th.
- Our annual Dance Marathon is quickly approaching! On February 22nd, we will be “dancing all night for the best cause ever” - the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital! All funds raised will be for the kids. Help support both us and the cause and purchase a t-shirt! https://shop.envisiontees.com/ne_bellevue_dancemarathon . Dance Marathon focuses on helping kids in the children’s hospital. One of the biggest projects that this event has helped build is the 11th floor of the University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital in Iowa City, along with supporting families with daily expenses such as meals, housing, transportation costs, etc. More information can be found online at https://dancemarathon.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/ .
- The Goose Lake Lions Club will be hosting their annual Super Bowl Sunday Pancake Breakfast on Feb. 2nd. The Lions Club is in need of students to help with numerous jobs that day. This is a perfect way to earn silver cord hours. Please contact Lisa Sullivan ASAP if you would like to help out with the breakfast.
- There will be a blood drive in the elementary school cafeteria on January 30th from 2:30-5:30pm. Email Mrs. Driscoll to make an appointment, walk ins are also welcome. Must be 16 or older (16 year olds can pick up parent consent form in the office).
- Seniors: Reminder senior pictures are due by February 1!
- 2019-2020 yearbooks are for sale for $65
- SILVER CORD PROGRAM The purpose of the Silver Cord Program is to promote the idea of community service and to encourage students to be active in their local community. By completing hours of community service every year, students show investment in their community and others. The goal of the Northeast Silver Cord Program is to instill in each and every student the value and importance of giving back in the local community.
January, February, March, and April hours need to be submitted by May 15th.
Students who complete 120 hours of community service by May 1st of their senior year, will be recognized at their graduation by wearing a silver cord with their cap and gown and with a special mention in the Commencement program. Students who complete at least 30 hours per year will be recognized annually on the silver cord program website, the TVs in the lobby, and at award ceremonies. Find the form here.
- Students must complete the required paperwork on time for volunteer hours to count
- The event you complete must be supervised by adult
- Must be for a non-profit organization and may not be for your family members
- DRIVER’S ED @ NORTHEAST: There will be two sessions offered at Northeast High School in 2020. The cost of the course is $355 with a $175 deposit required with registration. Northeast students who are eligible for free/reduced lunches are also eligible for free/reduced driver education and should indicate that on the bottom of the form you turn in (please ensure proper paperwork has been filled out at central office). Please make checks payable to Triple R Driving School L.L.C. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan at 319-470-6975 or Craig at 563-219-3177. Forms are available in the office. Checks and registration should be mailed to the address on the form. Sessions will be as follows:
- The second session will begin Monday, June 8th, including classroom hours 7-10:00 AM each weekday for the course of two weeks, with a makeup class on June 22nd. Driving times arranged by the instructor on the first day of class.
Lunch Friday: Stuffed Crust Sausage Pizza, Mushrooms, Romaine Lettuce, Pears, Bug Bites
Breakfast Monday: Bagel, Cream Cheese Cup or Cereal, Fruit
Lunch Monday: Mandarin Orange Chicken, White Rice, Stir Fry Vegetable, Chicken and Veggie Egg Roll, Mandarin Oranges