Announcements for Friday, March 22nd, 2019
Today is a “B” Day
Spring Play – Noises Off – 7:00PM – Auditorium
Spring Play – Noises Off – 7:00PM – Auditorium
- Come and support the fine arts at Northeast with the performance of the spring play, “Noises Off” on March 22-23 at 7pm. You will not be disappointed! At least come for the doors and sardines!
- Boys finished 2nd in conference meet lat night. Highlighting the evening was B. Hoyer's new school and conference record performance in the HJ leaping 6'9". He was 3rd in the 200 and part of the second place medley relay. Also winners for the Rebels: 4x800 relay Lange, Hasken, House, Hilgendorf. Finishing 2nd: 1600 medley : Williams, Stoll, Hoyer Hasken. Also the 4x1 Williams, Hasken, House, Petersen. 3rds went to Rickertsen in the hurdles and 400 dash. D. Stoll 3rd in the LJ. Great job Rebels.
- The Northeast girls finished 2nd to Cascade at the River Valley Conference Indoor meet last night with a final score of Northeast 94 and Cascade 100.5
Conference Champions include: Ellie Rickertsen in the 55 meter hurdles, 4x200 m relay (A. Ehlers, M. Tarr, E.Rickertsen, N. Hildebrandt), 1600 Distance Medley (A. Ehlers, N. Hildebrandt, E. Rickertsen, A. Friedricksen). Second Places finishers include: C. Abbott in the shot put, and N. Hildebrandt in the 55 meter dash. Third Places were K. Dague in the long jump and the 4x800 team ( A. Friedricksen, M.Petersen, M. Messerich, M. Messerich). Third place finisher – N. Hildebrandt in the 200 m dash. Great job Rebel Ladies!
- All current and new National Honor Society members: Last week, new members were notified via email, and letters went home to parents. The Induction Ceremony will be March 26, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium. We will be practicing on these dates:
3/18 - A lunch, 3/20- A lunch,3/22- A lunch. All new and current members need to be at school at 4:30 on 3/26 to prepare for the ceremony and the cake reception that will follow. Any questions please see Mrs. Clarke!
- For students entering 7th and 12th grade-August 2019:
A dose of Tdap and Meningitis is required to be able to start school in the fall. NO Provisionals can be written. Here’s a chance to get those vaccinations taken care of easily:
Genesis VNA is offering a free clinic on Monday, May 6, 2019 at school.
Nurse’s will be here to give the vaccine during WINN time: 11:20-12:30pm
Consent forms are available in the office. These need to be signed by parents and returned to the nurse as soon as possible.
- JUNIORS & SENIORS: PROM sign-up and out of school date forms are available in the office. Cost is $10 per person due at sign-up. Deadline to sign up is Friday, March 29. Any questions, please see Mrs. Stoll.
- Rebels Strength webstore is open! Check out the gear and get Spring/Summer fitted!
- Eighth-grade students: be sure to check your email to listen to the musical songs. Thanks.
- FBLA members attending SLC: All money for Coralville is due this week. Make checks out to NE FBLA. Study times for this week include:
Monday andFriday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Saturday from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (this is a change from the time listed last Friday). If you need to set up additional tim0es for help outside of these hours, please let me know. Thank you. Ms. Hasken
- River Cities Aquatics (RCA) is a year-round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. Come and check us out during registration! April 2, 3, or 4 @ 6:15PM @ Clinton High School Pool. Parents of new and returning swimmers must attend one date for a brief parent meeting with Coach Liz Hoffman. Coaches will evaluate new swimmers and place swimmers in practice groups. New swimmers should wear/bring their swimsuit and, if needed, goggles/cap. Returning swimmers must register for the new season. The swimmer’s RCA account must be paid in full; the first month of dues is payable at registration unless a valid credit or debit card is on file. All swimmers must be accompanied by adult responsible for their RCA account. Registration papers must be filled out and fees must be paid for all swimmers before they can enter the water. Stroke Clinic for all practice groups (Red, White, and Black) is April 8-11. If a swimmer decides not to continue after the Stroke Clinic week, fees will be returned if you notify the Treasurer by 4/12/2019. Monthly dues: $55/month 1st swimmer, $30/month each additional swimmer. USA swimming registration fee: $38 seasonal or $20 flex (new swimmers).
- MS/HS softball open gyms will be every Tuesday from 6-7:30 pm!
- Discounted Gold Cards for sale in the High School office - $10 each. While supplies last.
- Choir Students- If you ordered a shirt, please pay Anna for your choir shirt ASAP- $25.
- Job Opening: Clinton Lawn Cemetery and Springdale Cemetery Grass Trimmers
Pay: $7.50 / hour
Requirements: (1) Lift 20 pounds / (2) need driver license or the ability to come to work on-time.
Hours per day: 5 to 8 hours per day, five days per week.
Job Description: Carrying an Echo string grass trimmer, trim around cemetery burial markers, trees and shrubs. This begins in the Spring and will last through the Fall and depends on the weather.
Applicants will split their time between both Cemeteries.
Interested Applicants can call Mike Goddard at 563.357.9791
- 2018-2019 yearbooks can be purchased for $65 through the office or Payschool.
- DRIVER’S EDUCATION
- The summer session begins Monday, June 3rd. This session will include classroom hours each weekday for three hours (7:00-10:00am) over the course of two weeks. A make-up class will be held on Monday, June 17th. Driving times for this session will be arranged by the instructor on the first day of class.
- The cost of the course will be $355.00. A $175.00 deposit is required with registration. The registration form and payment must be mailed to Triple 'R' Driving School, 5000 Stream Side Circle, Des Moines, IA 50317. Registration forms can be picked up at the middle/high school office or downloaded online:
Breaded Fish Sandwich on Bun, Cheese Slice, Baked Lay Chips, Baby Carrots, Apple
French Toast Sticks with Sausage Patty or Cereal with Sausage Patty, Fruit
Mandarin Orange Chicken, White Rice, Stir Fry Vegetable, Chicken and Veggie Egg Roll, Mandarin Oranges