NORTHEAST MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
September 19, 2019 - today is an “A” day
4:15 Jr. High Volleyball @ Bellevue – bus departs @ 3:15
**Please dismiss @ 3:05**
6:00 Fresh/Soph & JV Volleyball @ Bellevue – bus departs @ 4:30
7:00 Varsity Volleyball @ Bellevue – bus departs @ 4:30
- The JH FB team was on the road Tuesday at Bellevue. The 7th grade team won 16-0 and scored on 2 of 3 possessions. The 8th grade team lost 8 - 34 with Clayton scoring the lone TD and Santiago with the 2 pt conversion. The team improved greatly on blocking and tackling during the game.
- Hey Rebels! This year, Rebel Nation Suicide Prevention Shirts are available for sale online. $3 from each shirt sale will be donated to Speak Out Against Suicide. Long sleeve ($18) as well as Short Sleeve ($15) shirts are available for purchase. The online store closes on September 29th at 11:59pm. Thank you for your support! https://shop.envisiontees.com/
- SYATP (See You At The Pole) this year is Wednesday morning, Sept. 25. Join your FCA group and come pray for your school, friends, family, and country at the flag pole. This is an established worldwide day of prayer. Check out www.syatp.com for more details. Meet in the media center at 7:00 and then we will head out to the flag pole for prayer at 7:15. Breakfast to follow. All students, staff, and teachers are invited to pray with us!
- 2018-2019 yearbooks can be picked up after school in Ms. Pasker's room. If you would still like to purchase one from last year, they are $65 through the office.
- Order your 2019-2020 Yearbooks through JMC or swing by the office to pick up a form. Yearbooks are $60 if you order before October 1st. After this date, the price will increase to $65.
- SILVER CORD PROGRAM The purpose of the Silver Cord Program is to promote the idea of community service and to encourage students to be active in their local community. By completing hours of community service every year, students show investment in their community and others. The goal of the Northeast Silver Cord Program is to instill in each and every student the value and importance of giving back in the local community.
Silver Cord Forms are available in the MS/HS library, June, July, and August hours need to be submitted by September 13th.
Students who complete 120 hours of community service by May 1st of their senior year, will be recognized at their graduation by wearing a silver cord with their cap and gown and with a special mention in the Commencement program. Students who complete at least 30 hours per year will be recognized annually on the silver cord program website, the TVs in the lobby, and at award ceremonies.
- Students must complete the required paperwork on time for volunteer hours to count
- The event you complete must be supervised by adult
- Must be for a non-profit organization and may not be for your family members
- DRIVER’S ED @ NORTHEAST: There will be two sessions offered at Northeast High School in 2020. The cost of the course is $355 with a $175 deposit required with registration. Northeast students who are eligible for free/reduced lunches are also eligible for free/reduced driver education and should indicate that on the bottom of the form you turn in (please ensure proper paperwork has been filled out at central office). Please make checks payable to Triple R Driving School L.L.C. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan at 319-470-6975 or Craig at 563-219-3177. Forms are available in the office. Checks and registration should be mailed to the address on the form. Sessions will be as follows:
- First session begins Saturday, January 4th, including classroom hours each Saturday 8-11:00 AM and Monday 4-7:00 PM through February 8th. Driving times arranged by the instructor on the first day of class.
- The second session will begin Monday, June 8th, including classroom hours 7-10:00 AM each weekday for the course of two weeks, with a makeup class on June 22nd. Driving times arranged by the instructor on the first day of class.
- **A fall session is also available at Easton Valley Oct 5th – Nov 9th – forms also available in the office**
Lunch Thursday: Scalloped Potatoes and Ham, Peas, Peaches, Cinnamon Roll
Breakfast Friday: Long John Donut, String Cheese or Cereal, String Cheese, Fruit
Lunch Friday: Cheese Pizza, Mushrooms, Romaine Lettuce, Radish, Pineapple