School Board Policy 903.2 Community Resource Persons and Volunteers
The board recognizes the valuable resource it has in the members of the school district community. When possible and in concert with the education program, members of the school district community may be asked to make presentations to the students or to assist employees in duties other than teaching. The school district may officially recognize the contributions made by volunteers.
Recruitment, training, utilization, and the maintenance of records for the purposes of insurance coverage and/or recognition of school district volunteers is the responsibility of the superintendent.
To ensure safety for students, volunteers, and staff, all volunteers must adhere to volunteer guidelines outlined by the school district and the attendance center in which they serve. Any volunteer who works directly with students or assists staff on a regular basis; who supervises and.or chaperones students; or who acts as a primary authority figure must submit to a background check.
Volunteers shall work under the direct supervision of staff members.
In accordance with the privacy rights of staff, students and families, volunteers are required to keep personal and personnel matters confidential.
1. Will adhere to volunteer guidelines outlined by the school district and attendance center in which they serve.
2. Will identify themselves to the building office before beginning each volunteer assignment. There, the volunteer will receive volunteer identification and will sign in and out.
3. Who work directly with students or assist staff on a regular basis; who supervise and/or chaperone students; or who act as a primary authority figure must submit to a background check. Examples of volunteers who must complete this screening process include:
- Classroom volunteers
- Field trip supervisors/chaperones (trips, dances, sporting events)
- Volunteer sport coaches
- Volunteer club or activity sponsors
Examples of volunteers who may be excluded from completing the background check include:
- Ticket takers and other volunteers whose primary role is not interacting with students
The Administrative Office will maintain the accounting and reporting of volunteer services in the school district. After notification of approval from the Administrative Office, principals may allow volunteers to serve whose records have been processed and found to be acceptable.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive an email back requesting the required information.
If you don't have email and prefer to complete the forms - Background Check Forms
(complete all pages and return to Business Manager, Tina Marx)