NORTHEAST MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
January 28, 2022– Today is a “B” Day
Activities for Today
4:00 Basketball: Girls JV vs Camanche @ Camanche Middle School Dismiss @ 2:35 Depart @ 2:45
5:15 Basketball: Boys JV vs Camanche @ Camanche Middle School Dismiss @ 2:35 Depart @ 2:45
6:00 Basketball: Girls Varsity vs Camanche @ Camanche High School Depart @ 4:30
7:30 Basketball: Boys Varsity vs Camanche@ Camanche High School Depart @ 4:30
Saturday January 29 Activities
10:00am Wrestling: Varsity Conference Meet vs Multiple Schools @ Monticello High School Depart @ 6:00am
12:00pm Basketball: Boys JV vs West Liberty @ Northeast High School
1:30pm Basketball: Girls Varsity vs West Liberty @ Northeast High School
3:00pm Basketball: Boys Varsity vs West Liberty @ Northeast High School
- SENIORS – stop by the office and see Rachel to sign up for how you’d like your name to appear on your diploma. We will double and triple check this in the next couple of weeks.
- 8th Grade Boys vs Camanche Lost 28-45 but outstanding job by C Gray 14pts, W Dietrick 8pts, E Kreinbrink 4 pts, J Mielk 2pts.
- There will be a meeting for High School Girls interested in going out for track on Feb 9th @ 11:30 in the High School Gym
- Northeast Student Council will be holding Hat Day the following days Friday, February 11th & Wednesday, February 23rd. Friday, March 11th & Wednesday, March 23rd. Friday, April 8th. $1.00 to wear your hat. All proceeds go to the University of Iowa Children's Hospital.
Northeast Student Council will be selling crush’s this year for $1.00 starting February 1st - 4th during A, B, and C Lunch/Winn in the lobby. Crush’s will be handed out during Lunch/Winn on February 14th. All proceeds go to the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital.
Dance Marathon will be held Saturday, April 9th, 7-12 pm in the Lunchroom. Admission is $5.00. Waters will be sold at the dance.
Northeast Student Council will be holding a Dodgeball Tournament on Friday February 25th, 7-9 pm. Here is the information regarding this event.
*To have your team participate, you must pay $10.00 to Ms. Roberts Room 1107 before Wednesday, February 23rd.
*10 person max per team.
*Games will be located both in the high school gym, as well as the middle school gym
*Team Sign-up sheets will be located in Ms. Roberts's room.
*Student Council will also be holding a bake sale during this event, along with selling water.
*Dodgeball is open to the public, but teams must be Northeast High School Students only. All proceeds go to the University of Iowa Children's Hospital.
Popcorn Friday Feb 18th & March 18th
- Strengthening Families - a program by ISU Extension and Outreach for families with children between the ages of 10 – 14 years. Clinton County Extension is offering this program during February and March. Family Camp is available at no cost thanks to a generous grant from Genesis Philanthropy. Families will meet once a week for seven weeks. A free meal is provided at each session. Meetings are held Tuesdays from 5:30-8:30 @ Clinton County Extension and Outreach. Sign up @ https://go.iastate.edu/SN5XDX, The overview of the program is listed below.
- Parents will learn how to show love while setting limits, how to listen to your child and how to help family members show appreciation to each other.
- Increases academic success in youth
- Delay the onset of adolescent substance use
- Increase the resistance to peer pressure in youth
- Strengthens Parent/Youth communication skills
- Class of 2022: Senior pictures for the yearbook are due to Ms. Pasker by Feb. 1
Lunch Friday: Max Sticks, Dipping Sauce, Romaine Lettuce, Baby Carrots, Apple Slices, Crispy Bites
Breakfast Monday: Ring Donut, Trix Yogurt, or Cereal, Trix Yogurt, Fruit, Juice Cup
Lunch Monday: Popcorn Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, Peas & Carrots Dinner Roll, Rosy Applesauce