NORTHEAST MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
March 21st, 2023 – Today is an “A” Day
*Wednesday 3/22/2023 is a scheduled early dismissal*
4:30 Girls and Boys Varsity Track @ University of Dubuque Indoor Track – depart @ 2:30, dismiss @ 2:20
- There will be a Thespian Meeting directly after school tomorrow, Wednesday 3/22. We will talk about Thespian inductions, the showcase, and International Festival. If you can't make it or have any questions please email Mr Doss or reach out to one of your officers.
- Northeast FFA Alumni Auction is this Saturday. Staff and students SHOULD NOT park in the rear lots this FRIDAY. This includes the lot behind North Gym, lot by the greenhouse, and the rear lot behind the social studies/language art/auditorium wing. Please park in the main front lots this FRIDAY.
- FFA Meeting March 21st @ 6 pm in the school cafeteria! There will be a mac & cheese bar and a fun activity is planned, hope it works to join!
- Congratulations to the IE Speech All State students from this season. The following students will be going to the University of Northern Iowa on March 27 to perform and be recognized for their achievement.
- A. Grantz- After Dinner Speaking: F.T.C.D.
- C. Jargo- Acting: Brighton Beach Memoirs and Of the Fields, Lately/Solo Musical Theatre- "Who I'd Be" from Shrek
- B. Meyermann- Acting: Jump/Cut and Still Life/Public Address- Searching for Love to Escape Ourselves
- FCA breakfast and Bible study meets this Wednesday, March 22, at 7:15 in the media center. Hope to see you all there!
- Archery Program: 7 Week Program for 3rd-8th Graders. Thursdays March 9-April 27 6:00PM-7:25PM, $10/person or $15/family. Our archery class will use the curriculum developed by the National Archery in the Schools Program. This is the same program that is used in the public schools in the State of Iowa and nationally. Our lead instructor is a nationally certified archery coach who taught archery for several years in the Clinton Community School District. Sign up @ www.journeyclinton.org/children. Questions can be directed to Journey Church of Clinton – 563-243-4161.
- The annual Northeast Student Council Dance Marathon will take place on March 25th – mark your calendars and stay tuned for additional information. The proceeds from this event go towards the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital.
- Anyone in grades 8-11 interested in trying out for Cheerleading for football/competition or Winter Sports next year- please contact coach Johnson @ firstname.lastname@example.org and read the information found HERE for tryout information!
- DRIVER’S ED INFO: Triple ‘R’ Driving School is offering courses beginning in January – classroom hours will be held online via Zoom. Forms are available in the main office and hold more information. All questions and payments should be directed to Triple ‘R’ Driving School. Sessions are as follows:
- Session Two: March 20th – March 31st
- Session Three: April 17th – April 28th
- High School Students – Don’t forget about the opportunity to earn Silver Cord hours for volunteering time within your community – just fill out this form here and turn it in to Rachel in the office before the deadlines (see below).
Hours Requirements: 30 hours annually for each year of high school, except for 2020 & 2021, when 15 hours is the goal per year due to reduced opportunities for service during the pandemic.
- Class of 2023- 90 total hours
- Class of 2024- 90 total hours
- Class of 2025 -105 total hours
- Class of 2026 – 120 total hours
- Submission of Hours: June, July, August, September, October, November, and December hours need to be submitted by January 20th. January, February, March, and April hours need to be submitted by May 15th.
- Ready to remember this year? Purchase your 2023 yearbooks now! They are $65, which is the lowest price of the year! Order forms are in the office.
Lunch Tuesday: Breaded Chicken Patty, Bun, Baked Beans, French Fries, Banana
Breakfast Wednesday: Pancake on a Stick OR Cereal, Fruit, Juice Cup
Lunch Wednesday: Pizza Hut Pepperoni Pizza, Mushrooms, Baby Carrots, Pineapple, Chocolate Chip Bar