NORTHEAST MIDDLE/HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
March 13, 2020 - today is an “A” day
7:00 POPS Concert – Auditorium
Activities Saturday 3/14/2020
8:00 Individual State Speech @ DeWitt
9:00 District FFA Leadership Contest @ Louisa-Muscatine High School
Activities Sunday 3/15/2020
2:00 POPS Concert – Auditorium
- Any Junior National Honor Society members that have not turned in their bio sheet, please get them to Ms. Hasken today.
- Any girls or boys in grades 9-12 interested in going out for spring golf need to sign up with Mr. Hansen - office by the high school gym. First day of practice for girls is March 16th and first day of practice for boys is March 23rd..
- Northeast Soccer will be having an apparel sale through Adcraft starting March 9th and ending March 16th. The link for the apparel sale is as follows: http://adcraftwebstores.com/northeastsoccer2020.
- 2019-2020 yearbooks are for sale for $65
- SILVER CORD PROGRAM The purpose of the Silver Cord Program is to promote the idea of community service and to encourage students to be active in their local community. By completing hours of community service every year, students show investment in their community and others. The goal of the Northeast Silver Cord Program is to instill in each and every student the value and importance of giving back in the local community.
January, February, March, and April hours need to be submitted by May 15th.
Students who complete 120 hours of community service by May 1st of their senior year, will be recognized at their graduation by wearing a silver cord with their cap and gown and with a special mention in the Commencement program. Students who complete at least 30 hours per year will be recognized annually on the silver cord program website, the TVs in the lobby, and at award ceremonies. Find the form here.
Students must complete the required paperwork on time for volunteer hours to count
- The event you complete must be supervised by adult
- Must be for a non-profit organization and may not be for your family members
- DRIVER’S ED @ NORTHEAST: There will be two sessions offered at Northeast High School in 2020. The cost of the course is $355 with a $175 deposit required with registration. Northeast students who are eligible for free/reduced lunches are also eligible for free/reduced driver education and should indicate that on the bottom of the form you turn in (please ensure proper paperwork has been filled out at central office). Please make checks payable to Triple R Driving School L.L.C. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan at 319-470-6975 or Craig at 563-219-3177. Forms are available in the office. Checks and registration should be mailed to the address on the form. Sessions will be as follows:
- The second session will begin Monday, June 8th, including classroom hours 7-10:00 AM each weekday for the course of two weeks, with a makeup class on June 22nd. Driving times arranged by the instructor on the first day of class.
Lunch Friday: Breaded Fish Sandwich, Bun, Cheese Slice, French Frieds, Coleslaw, Fruit Cocktail
Breakfast Monday: Mini Strawberry Cream Cheese Bagel or Cereal, Fruit
Lunch Monday: Crispito, Cheese Sauce, Shredded Lettuce/Cheese, Mexican Rice, Pears